Mushroom and Garlic Casserole
16 large mushrooms
1 lb small mushrooms
1 cup finely diced fresh garlic
1 cup chopped almonds
1/2 lb butter
1 lb ground beef
2 cups seasoned bread crumbs
1 cup grated Swiss or mozzarella cheese
1 cup grated parmesan cheese
1. Trim large mushrooms; discard ends. Remove stems and chop together with small mushrooms. Saute garlic, chopped mushrooms and almonds in half the butter till well done.
2. Add beef and cook until done.
3. Add 1 cups bread crumbs and mix thoroughly.
4. Line bottom of greased casserole, 8 large mushrooms, open side up. Press sauted mixture firmly over mushrooms. Use remaining 8 large mushrooms to cover the sauted mixture, placed open side down.
5. Sprinkle with grated Swiss or Mozzarella cheese, remaining bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese. Dot with remaining half of the butter. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until mushrooms are tender.