1. In a large soup pot - brown Italian Sausage and crumble the meat into chunks. Drain grease.2. Add olive oil, bell peppers, onion and minced garlic. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Add chopped tomato and cook 5 more minutes, still stirring.
3. Add tomato paste and tomato sauce. Fill empty cans with water and add to pot.
4. Add spices to the spaghetti sauce. Add salt and pepper. Stir well.
5. Cook on low heat for 1 1/2 hours. Stir often to keep spaghetti sauce from sticking to bottom of pan. (add more water if sauce becomes too thick)
6. Remove bay leaf and ladle sauce over spaghetti noodles.
Top with Parmesan cheese.
Serves approx 6 people.