Aug 24, 2012
1/2 cup NESTLÉ LA LECHERA Sweetened Condensed Milk
1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
1 cup shredded sweetened coconut
1 cup finely chopped pineapple
3 tablespoons cornstarch
1/3 cup hot water
12 (one 11.6-ounce package) frozen store-bought empanada dough discs, defrosted
1 large egg, beaten
Combine sweetened condensed milk and yogurt in a medium saucepan; heat over low heat. Add shredded coconut and pineapple.
Combine cornstarch and water in small bowl; stir to dissolve. Gradually stir cornstarch mixture into the condensed milk mixture; stir frequently until combined. Increase heat to high; bring to a quick boil. Reduce heat to low; cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 to 3 minutes or until mixture has thickened (it will continue to thicken as it cools). Set aside to cool for 15 to 20 minutes.
Preheat oven to 450° F. Grease large baking sheets.
Place 1 1/2 heaping tablespoons of pineapple/coconut mixture in center of each empanada disc. Brush edges with egg; fold in half and crimp edges with fork to seal. Place empanadas on prepared baking sheets; brush with egg.
Bake for 15 minutes or until golden. Serve warm.
Aug 18, 2012
2 tablespoons sesame seeds
1 tablespoon poppy seeds
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup olive oil
1/4 cup distilled white vinegar
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon minced onion
10 ounces fresh spinach - rinsed, dried and torn into bite-size pieces
1 quart strawberries - cleaned, hulled and sliced
1/4 cup almonds, blanched and slivered
In a medium bowl, whisk together the sesame seeds, poppy seeds, sugar, olive oil, vinegar, paprika, Worcestershire sauce and onion. Cover, and chill for one hour.
In a large bowl, combine the spinach, strawberries and almonds. Pour dressing over salad, and toss. Refrigerate 10 to 15 minutes before serving.
Another variation which is just as tasty without the seeds
10 ounces of spinach
1 quart of strawberries
Strawberry Vinegrette Salad Dressing
Fast simple and delicious
Aug 8, 2012
Millionaire' s Cake Recipe
list of 6 items
1 box yellow cake mix
1 small package of instant pudding (pineapple or vanilla)
1 (8-ounce) package of cream cheese, softened
1 can (22-ounce) crushed pineapple
1 large (16-ounce) container Cool Whip
nuts, cherries or coconut, for topping
1. Bake 1/2 of the cake (according to cake mix box instructions) in a 9 x 13-inch pan. You can either make the whole cake and use the other half for cupcakes,
or you can make the whole cake mix recipe and then double the other ingredients in this recipe.
2. Prepare pudding as directed on package, beating in the softened cream cheese until well blended. Spread over cake.
3. Drain pineapple and squeeze out excess juice. Distribute over pudding mixture.
4. Spread Cool Whip over cake.
5. Decorate with nuts, cherries or toasted coconut.
6. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
Betty Crocker Lemonade Party Cake Recipe
Betty Crocker SuperMoist Lemon Cake Mix
1 6-ounce can
frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
soft whipped fluffy white or fluffy lemon ready-to-spread frosting
yellow colored sugar
1. Bake cake as directed on package for 13x9-inch pan.
2. Cool 15 minutes.
3. Mix lemonade concentrate and powdered sugar.
4. Poke long-tined fork into top of warm cake every 1/2 inch, wiping fork occasionally to reduce sticking.
5. Drizzle lemonade mixture evenly over top of cake.
6. Cover and refrigerate about 2 hours or until chilled.
7. Spread frosting over top of cake
8. Sprinkle with sugar.
9. Cover loosely and refrigerate any remaining cake.