Pages

Start Saving Today!

Jan 27, 2013

Homemade Sweet Crescent Rolls | Country Cooking Recipes

Follow Me on Pinterest

This is one of my favorite things to make, simply because my family just loves them.

This is my own recipe that I adapted from many recipes, and I make these often because they go with
everything.

In your eyes they may not look like the canned crescent rolls, that's because they are homemade.

I start with 3 bowls

In the first bowl I add
3 or 4 eggs
1/2 cup of sugar
1/2 cup of vegetable oil

In the Second bowl I add
1 cup of milk
3 T of yeast
1 stick of margarine

Put this into the microwave and heat up until the butter is melted, Make Sure this is only warm-Not HOT! or you will kill the yeast.

Some say margarine doesn't work for them, I have always used margarine for my bread because it already has salt in it so I don't need to add any to the flour mixture.

In the Third bowl I add
4 cups of bread flour
and then make a well in the middle of my flour
I then add the First and Second Bowl mixtures together and stir them well.
I then add all that to the flour, pour slowly and combine in the well of the flour bowl.
You can add flour as needed a very little at a time.  The dough should come out very smooth.
I then dump it out onto a little floured down counter top, knead just for a few minutes, put into a separate bowl to rise until doubled. About 45 minutes to 1 hour.

Once doubled, I separate the dough into 4 balls, roll out round and using a pizza cutter, or very sharp knife, I cut the rounds like pizza slices. Then roll up starting from the outer edges moving inward just like a crescent roll.

I put onto a large baking sheet, sprayed very lightly with butter spray, 3 across and 8 downward usually, but today I used pie pans.
Let rise about 15 more minutes and bake in pre-heated oven 350 for 20 mins until golden brown and then butter them heavily right out of the oven.
Enjoy
















Let me know how your's turned out and how your family liked them, or how you used them.

Tip: after these are done baking and have set for a bit, I sometimes cut them in half and brown the insides under the broiler to get golden brown and make some delicious sandwiches from them, they are the bomb!

No comments:

Post a Comment