Author: Missouri Farm Chick
Recipe type: Main Dish
- 1 package (8 oz.) Manicotti, uncooked pasta
- 1 pound ground chuck beef
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 – 15 ounce container ricotta cheese
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground pepper, coarsely ground
- 1 24-28 oz jar pasta sauce
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Lay pasta shells flat on waxed paper to cool.
- Brown ground chuck, drain and layer half of it into a 9 x 13 casserole dish.
- Shred mozzarella cheese. Reserve a little cheese for top of casserole.
- In a large bowl, stir together cheeses…including mozzarella, ricotta and Parmesan cheeses.
- Add chopped fresh parsley (save a little), kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper. Stir to mix and set aside.
- Pour half a jar of pasta sauce over layer of beef in casserole dish. Save remaining sauce for later.
- Fill pasta shells and arrange in single layer over sauce.
- Sprinkle remaining cooked beef on top of pasta shells.
- Pour remaining pasta sauce over top of beef and shells.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese and a little of the chopped parsley on top.
- Cover with foil and bake 40 minutes at 350ºF.
- Remove foil; bake 15 minutes longer.