Pages

Start Saving Today!

Dec 4, 2009

Gourmet Reindeer Poop

Gourmet Reindeer Poop
=====================
1/2 cup butter
2 cups granulated sugar
1/2 cup milk
2 teaspoons cocoa
1/2 cup peanut butter
3 cups oatmeal, not instant
1/2 cup chopped nuts, optional

Mix butter, sugar, milk and cocoa together in a large saucepan.
Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; boil for 1 minute. Remove from
heat and stir in remaining ingredients. Drop by teaspoon full (larger
or smaller as desired) onto wax paper and let harden. They will set
up in about 30-60 minutes. These will keep for several days without
refrigerating, up to 2 weeks refrigerated and 2-3 months frozen.

Pack into ziplock sandwich bags and attach the following note to
each bag:

I woke up with such scare when I heard Santa call...
"Now dash away, dash away, dash away all!"
I ran to the lawn and in the snowy white drifts,
those nasty reindeer had left "little gifts".

I got an old shovel and started to scoop,
neat little piles of "Reindeer Poop!"
But to throw them away, seemed such a waste,
so I saved them, thinking-you might like a taste!

As I finished my task, which took quite awhile.
Old Santa, passed by and he sheepishly smiled.
And I heard him exclaim as he was in the sky...
"Well they're not potty trained, but at least they can fly!"

No comments:

Post a Comment