May 21, 2010
Broccoli Quiche with Gruyère and Cheddar
- serves 6 -
1 pie crust
1 egg yolk
1 1/2 cups half and half
1/2 pound broccoli florets
2 ounces grated Gruyère
2 ounces grated sharp white cheddar
1/4 cup fresh chervil, roughly chopped
Salt and freshly cracked black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2. Roll out the pie crust slightly, so it fits into a fluted 10-inch tart pan with a removable bottom. Chill.
3. Blanch the broccoli in salted boiling water for 2 minutes. Shock in ice water. Drain, and pat dry.
4. Scatter the cheese and chervil on the bottom of the crust. Arrange the broccoli around the crust, florets pointing up.
5. Whisk together the eggs, yolk, and half and half. Season with salt and pepper. Pour into the crust.
6. Place the tart shell on a baking sheet, and bake for 1 hour and 20 minutes.
7. Allow to rest for 15 minutes. Then slice into 6 slices and serve.
Read more: http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2009/12/french-in-a-flash-broccoli-quiche-with-gruyere-and-cheddar-recipe.html?ref=serelated#ixzz0obmP628J