Pages

Start Saving Today!

Dec 28, 2009

CRAB AND EGGPLANT DRESSING Recipe

CRAB AND EGGPLANT DRESSING Recipe




4 large eggplants

2 stalks celery, chopped

2 Tbsp. bacon fat 2 lb. (lump) crab meat or

2 large onions fresh shrimp

1/2 cup FRESHLY grated Salt and red pepper to taste

Romano cheese

2 large onions

1 large bell pepper

Seasoned bread crumbs



Peel and cube eggplants. Soak in cold salted water. Drain and

cook in large Dutch oven in bacon fat for 1 hour over medium

heat; then add salt, red pepper, onions, bell pepper and

celery. Continue cooking until thoroughly done. We use a potato

masher to break up eggplant while cooking. If using fresh

shrimp, cook additional 10 minutes. If lump crabmeat (or ham)

is used, stir in without cooking. Add enough seasoned bread

crumbs to absorb liquid. Stir in 1/2 cup Romano cheese (Grated

cheese refrigerates well in jar). Place in 2 quart casserole

and top lightly with more crumbs and cheese. Bake at 350

degrees for 30 minutes.


1 comment:

  1. WutzintehkitchenMonday, January 11, 2010

    MMMMmmmm I wanna eat this right now! I want to see more of eggplant so I was gonna try making stuff like this after I got my feet wet with simple stuff. I was looking at this recipe to get me started, whatcha think? http://www.kaycircle.com/index.php?q=What-do-you-do-with-eggplant

    ReplyDelete