· ¾ cup shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
· ½ cup sun-dried tomato flakes
· ¾ cup shredded cheddar cheese (sharp or mild)
· 1 cup pancake or waffle mix
· ¾ cup cottage cheese
· 1 ¼ cups milk
· ¾ cup onion, chopped
· 4 eggs
· ½ cup red & green bell peppers
· Salt & pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 9-inch pie pan. Sprinkle the pan with 1 tablespoon of pancake mix and set it aside. In a medium sized mixing bowl toss together the shredded cheese, cottage cheese, onions, peppers and tomatoes. Spoon this mixture into the prepared pie pan.
In a separate bowl, whisk together the baking mix, salt, pepper, milk, and eggs till smooth.
Pour the liquid mixture over the filling. Bake the pie in oven for 40 to 45 minutes, until a knife comes out clean. For easiest slicing, let the quiche cool for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
Yield: 1 pie, 6 to 8 servings.