Pages

Start Saving Today!

May 28, 2010

The Perfect Hot Dog/Chili Sauce

This is one of my family favorites, I have made this since I was a smaller child. If your like my family we stick to what works. I got compliments on it through the years and I have made small batches to extremely large batches for alot of parties and occasion's. Give it a try see if you don't blow your family away with the taste this sauce gives them.


Ingredients
  • 2 small onions, finely chopped
  • 5 pounds hamburger
  • 64 ounces Hunt's Tomato Paste
  • 64 ounces Hunt's Tomato Puree
  • 1/2 cups granulated sugar
  • 1/3 cup cider vinegar
  • 2 tablespoons chili powder
  • 1 tablespoon pepper
  • 1 tablespoon celery seed
  • 3 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon salt
Instructions
  1. Brown hamburger and onions in a very large skillet; drain.
     
  2. Add remaining ingredients and simmer for 3 1/2 hours, stirring frequently as it will tend to stick.

No comments:

Post a Comment