Creamy Chicken Pesto Pasta
* 1 lb penne pasta
* 3 boneless chicken breasts
* 1 teaspoon olive oil
* 2 tablespoons butter
* 3 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes, chopped (I don't add this to mine)
* 1 teaspoon garlic powder
* 1/4 cup butter
* 2 cups heavy cream (we usually just use half & half)
* 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
* 2 tablespoons basil pesto
* shredded parmesan cheese (to garnish)
1. Cook pasta according to package. Drain and set aside.
2. In large skillet, melt 2 tablespoons butter and the olive oil over medium heat.
3. Brown chicken breasts on both sides until nicely golden and cooked through, about 8-9 minutes each side. Remove from pan and cut into 1/2 pieces.
4. Pour out drippings from pan but don't wipe the pan out. In the same pan, melt 1/4 cup butter on medium heat. Add the garlic and sun-dried tomatoes. Sauté for 2 minutes. Stir in heavy cream and dash of white pepper. Cook 5-6 minutes, stirring frequently. Slowly stir in the Parmesan cheese into a creamy mixture, stirring constantly. Stir in the pesto sauce and cook for about 5 minutes, until thickened. Stir in the chicken pieces for about 3 minutes.
5. Serve chicken and sauce over the hot noodles.
6. Garnish with parmesan cheese and fresh ground black pepper (optional).