1 lb. of ground beef; cooked and drained
1 can of tomato sauce
1 can of diced tomatoes, undrained
1/2 tsp. of minced garlic or 1 clove diced
1 can of stems and pieces mushrooms, undrained
1 diced onion
1 cup of canned beef stock
fresh herbs: rosemary or oregano
tabasco sauce and
1/2 package of powdered taco seasoning and salsa
1 cup of grated cheddar cheese and
1 tsp. of fresh grated parmesan cheese
1 cup of boxed biscuit mix - (or substitute mashed pototatoes for topping)
1/2 cup of milk and
1. Mix all the meat sauce ingredients to the browned and drained ground beef. Simmer.
2. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
3. Grate cheeses, I use my food processor to speed up the process.
4. Mix the topping ingredients in a 4 cup measuring cup until blended.
5. With a soup ladle, pour meat sauce into a 9-inch square baking dish. Top with cheese then pour biscuit mix over cheese.
6. Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown. ENJOY!
Makes 6 servings.
Any cooked leftover meat can be stored in freezer bags and frozen for future use for pasta sauce, chili or lasagna.
Serve with side salad or cut up veggies with dip: sweet peppers any colour, cucumber, tomato, carrots or anything that may be in your fridge. The dip could be any cream based salad dressing or sour cream with 1/2 package of onion soup mix added and blended well.